Choosing a domain name can be tricky as lots of words have already been registered by someone else and are not available.
Some tips for choosing a name:
- Be unique – this will make it more likely that your name is available. It is also more likely that your social media names will be available.
- Are the socials available? namecheckr.com | namechk.com
- Be easy to remember and pronounce – you want word of mouth promotion too, try saying it aloud a few times.
- Be short – Individual Webpage URL’s can get long, so the shorter the domain the better. This also makes email addresses shorter.
- Be descriptive – if appropriate use words that represent what you do.
- Keywords? – Google loves a good keyword in the domain
- Be careful – ensure your name cannot be misinterpreted. For example:
expertsexchange.com – Experts Exchange
therapistfinder.com – Therapist Finder.
Some tips for choosing a domain
- .com is the most prestigious global domain. Can be very hard to get or expensive to buy.
- .com.au is the best domain to use if you want to be branded as an Australian entity.
- .org.au is the best domain to use if you want to be branded as an Australian NFP/NGO. This will create trust around donations.
- Does a domain extension represent your brand? | porkbun.com