ActionSkills is an alliance of Australian technology professionals that have dedicated their lives to creating positive social change.
We are the only web design company in Australia whose people have actively worked on the ground organising grassroots movements, protest events and supporting First Nation campaigns.
ActionSkills provides a breadth of experience across areas of digital technology, community organising and small business.
ActionSkills evolved from our orginal studio, Dvize Creative, established in 2000. Profits from our commercial work fund our many pro bono projects and activities.
We are now in the process of registering ActionSkills as a social enterprise, and plan to focus more on training and mentoring to create a new wave of digital activists.
Director, Strategy and Design
Glenn has been building websites for businesses and community groups for over 21 years and is passionate about empowering people to use technology to solve important problems. Glenn has worked with WordPress for over 10 years and has been delivering technical training for over 7 years.
Campaign, Communications and Digital Strategy
Since the early 1990s, Nat has been working in digital graphic and web design in her art practice, and with community campaigns, non-profit organisations, education, and ethical business.
For over 20 years, Nat has been an organiser, communicator and grassroots campaigner on human rights and global justice with a focus on amplifying the voices and resistance of Indigenous Peoples and frontline communities against development aggression.
Activist, facilitator, strategist, digital communications, and data management
Phil has worked for a decade developing campaign, organisational, communications, and data management strategies with progressive, grassroots groups to medium sized NGOs.
Initially starting with WordPress website development, Phil now specialises in using NationBuilder as an integrated website, campaigning, database, fundraising and communications platform, now holding over a decade of experience working with groups of all sizes. He has also worked integrating financial and other campaigning platforms data flows into NationBuilder.
Being a lifelong activist at heart, Phil has a strong passion for environmental and social justice.
Not-for-Profit Technology Lifetime Service Award
Recognises and celebrates the outstanding commitment and service by an individual working in a technology-related role in the not-for-profit sector over a significant period of time.
2019 – connectingup.org
Mobile Awards: The Best of the Best: Entertainment
Celebrates the participants whose work has excelled most during the ratings period. From ratings given by both judges and the marketplace, they have earned their title as Best of the Best
2013 – issuerdrivenxdesign.com
International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
We helped launch the campaign that won a Nobel Peace Prize, building their first website, video and marketing materials. We recently helped ICANW launch their Australian website.
2017 – nobelprize.org
People we work with
- 350 Australia
- Accountability Round Table
- Albert & Barbara Tucker Foundation
- Alice’s Garage
- Assange Freedom Network
- Australian Children with a Disability
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Australian Institute of Employment Rights
- Australian Jewish Democratic Society
- Australian Nuclear Free Alliance
- Australia Palestine Advocacy Network
- Australians for a Murdoch Royal Commission
- Beyond Zero Emissions
- Bob Brown Foundation
- Blockade IMARC
- Cairns and Far North Environment Centre
- Centre for Social Change
- CERES Community Environment Park
- Change Agency
- Climate Council
- Combat Wombat
- Commons Social Change Library
- Conservation Council ACT Region
- Council on the Ageing Victoria
- Deakin University
- Declassified Australia
- Djap Wurrung
- Environment Protection Authority Victoria
- First Nations Hub
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Friends of Latrobe Water
- Friends of the Earth Australia
- Friends of the Earth International
- Front Line Action on Coal
- Grassroots Action Network Tasmania
- Grassy Plains Network
- Hunter Jobs Alliance
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
- ICANW Australia
- International Rangers Federation
- Knitting Nannas
- Lighter Footprints
- Marigold Healthfoods
- Market forces
- Markets For Change
- Mullum Cares
- Narrative Yoga
- National Sustainable Living Festival
- Nogat Coal
- Original Power
- Outdoors Victoria
- Quit Coal
- Real Deal
- Reef Defenders
- Reimagine Australia
- River Tracks
- RMIT University
- Save the Sepik
- Seeds of Gippsland
- Seniors Rights Victoria
- Social Enterprise Network of Victoria
- Society of Responsible Design
- Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australia Palestine Advocacy Network
- The Greens
- Thin Green Line
- Timbuktu Center for Strategic Studies on the Sahel
- Transitions Film Festival
- University of Melbourne
- Victoria University
- Victorian National Parks Association
- Victorian Refugee Health Network
- Victorian Rogaining Association
- Wikileaks Party
- Wilderness Society
- Yes to Life, No to Mining
- Zero Emissions Byron
Lets get started...
The best way to work out where to start is to book a quick introductory meeting on Zoom, or you can get in touch via email. We can discuss your needs and how we can help you.